Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dream house #1

Want drought-tolerant ground cover that works like lawn -- walk-on-able, lie-on-able, no stickers, keeps down the weeds. But that doesn't take so much water, can live on existing dew over the summer. All over whole front and back yards, with holes for rosebushes and diggable up for veg gardening in spring/summer.

Bermuda Grass?

I got some Bermuda grass seed not long ago and been sprinkling that around some. I think it is starting to come up in between the tomato buckets in the back. Need some in the front yard also. Every time I sprinkle some of it, I mentally apologise to Mom and Grandma. They both HATED bermuda grass. And they were both some serious green-thumbers fer sure. Grandma also hated oxalis, but I like it. It does get all dead & flattened out sometimes, but always comes back all green & clovery and little yellow flowies. I like it. Sorry, Grandma.


1 comment:

  1. Argh, trying to figure out how to comment! I love oxalis too. It's pretty and sort of delicate in its own way.

    ReplyDelete