Thursday, August 27, 2009

Excuse Generator v5.0

Well I didn't go to the Town Hall mtg last night after all. I was late getting away from work and was tired and cranky. And also didn't know where it was.

Hmm.

Let's see, what other excuses can I come up with? I used to be extremely good at excuse invention. Bet I used 'em all at one time or another. Flu. Car trouble. Back trouble. Car trouble again. Sore foot, can't walk. Traffic jam. Got lost. There are many more possibilities. That was in the years before I dragged self out of denial about depression & bipolarness, & was still trying to be functional. Been getting a bit rusty at it lately (excuse-mongering, that is), & I think I prefer it that way. I am trying to be a truthmonger these days.

Swobbie
who manages to be somewhat functional in her once-in-a-while, one-week-at-a-time, half-time office job. But it's a strain.


3 comments:

  1. I can't seem to post a comment here. I was in sympathy with your not wanting to go out after a long day. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Let's hear it for truth mongering. Years ago I had a friend who was often late for thing, and sometimes missed them entirely. His approach was "never complain, never explain." I've thought a lot about that recently. When I explain why I didn't do something I promised to do it just reinforces that I didn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's one I like: I actually AM on time, but I slipped on a disturbance in the space-time continuum and got knocked forward in time. Oops.

    ReplyDelete